During the late 1940s, the largest kiln in the Flemington Outlet was fitted with a display case and posters illustrating Stangl's manufacturing processes and opened to Outlet shoppers.This display quickly became a popular focal point for many Flemington Outlet visitors for many years.The next featured display was a large collection of Stangl Pottery birds, courtesy of Frank and Liz Kramar, followed by a display focusing on the sample designs of Stangl's top designer Kay Hackett.
From its founding, the company produced industrial earthenware pieces like jars and storage vessels made from the rich red clay of New Jersey.
In 1864, Abram Fulper bought the company and refocused the production on the production of more sophisticated and durable stoneware.
Using approximately 100 different glazes over the years, there are many examples that are representative of the beauty of even the most common forms.
The Collectics Antiques Information & Education pages are designed to further knowledge of antiques, collectibles, collecting styles, periods, artists, designers, and manufacturers of fine and decorative arts.
With the closing of Stangl Pottery in 1978, and use of the building by Pfaltzgraff Pottery as a retail outlet, the old Kiln display was closed as well. We were able to contract with Pfaltzgraff to reopen this historic kiln as the home of the Hill-Fulper-Stangl Museum. The display does not remain static, new items are being acquired and installed all the time.